Monday 9 November 2020

Le Weekend

 

Thanks to the lockdown and no yoga classes this evening my weekend started on a sunny Friday with a walk to our local beach.

 From my front door, it takes me 25 minutes of walking listening to Desert Island Discs before I reach this spot.

Formby is one of the finest examples in the world of a shifting dune system and the beach looks different every time I come.

There are Natterjack Toads, Sand Lizards and Tiger Beetles here which we are always on the lookout for. There are also lots of wading birds and in the summer the larks are just beautiful.

The coastline is now managed by the National Trust and on high days and holidays the car parks are full by 9am but there are always places to go where you can find lots of space.

You can find out more about Formby here.

 Through the dunes,
And then this first sight of the beach.

It never fails to lift my soul whatever the weather. And I love to walk alone.


Then home for coffee and sort out my charity shop haul from Wednesday.


Saturday was a lazy day, reading in bed as I had no yoga class to teach and it was nice for a change.

 
After getting dressed, time for some more reading.


This New Look cardigan is so warm and feels like a big hug.


The full length view.


Later, another walk along to the beach to watch the geese landing - the noise is so beautiful.
In this spring this pond is full of ducks and their babies.


I like to walk alone but also with my husband who is a keen birdwatcher - I learn so much.


This Sea Buckthorn looked beautiful with its orange berries.


Sunday was another lazy morning in bed finishing off my Nicci French thriller.
Both the Superdry top and Top Shop skirt are from my local charity shops.

Looking forward to an early night with another new book.









3 comments:

  1. Lovely photos!
    How lucky to live within walking distance of the beach, I'd be there every day if I were that close. I love bird watching, I haven't a clue what most of them are but its such a joyful activity!
    Great charity shop haul, O think we share similar tastes in books. xxx
    Great charity shop

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely walk, those dunes are gorgeous! I like the sound of Natterjack Toads. (I wonder if they are the singing variety?) You can’t beat a comfy cardie and a good book. Lulu x

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a gorgeous place that looks, Jane! I'm also just a 25-minute walk from oceanside - and yet, I only go there once a week!

    I love your book selection too!

    ReplyDelete

First 24 Hours in India

  Ten years after qualifying as a yoga teacher I finally realised a dream - to travel to the birthplace of yoga. I have been planning this t...