Monday 8 August 2011

So Can Leggings Really Reduce Cellulite?


So my experiment is over.
I have worn my Lytess leggings 6 days a week for 3 weeks and at least 8 hours a day.
Before I answer the question let me explain why I conducted the experiment.
Over the past year while I have been back at uni I have put on a little extra weight.
Poor eating habits in order to meet deadlines and lack of exercise has seen my weight creep up to the highest post-baby weight for a decade.
The big problem area was hips and thighs.
I read about the Lytess leggings in an article and researched them a little more here.
They promised to reduce inches from my troublesome spots.
I have to confess I don't normally fall for these gimmicks but I was desperate with holidays just a few weeks away.
I decided not to measure as I have also been attending 3 body conditioning exercise classes and run 12 miles a week.
Instead, I decided to focus on the skin tone.
On that basis alone I would say my thighs are smoother and the cellulite has reduced.
Yet, had I lavished cheaper and more loving care with skin brushing, exfoiliating and moisturising I daresay I would have had the same effect.
So in effect I would say think carefully before you part with the best part of £50.
However, there has been one big plus - before the experiment I didn't think I could wear leggings.
Over the past few weeks I haven't exactly fallen in love with them but they have allowed me to wear some of my shorter clothes and in the future they will be an occasional addition to my casual wardrobe.

16 comments:

  1. Interesting experiment. I still like the outfut with the print skirt and black tank top the best.

    Darla

    ReplyDelete
  2. So, it sounds like more of a fashion choice than a body-changing one? I love the way you worked the leggings into all the looks, and you do look smashing in them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bet you can't wait to be barelegged! You did a great job of styling them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love leggings and wear them constantly in wintertime and sometime in summer. Interesting experiment for sure but hey atleast you got something out of it - you love them too and they go with just about anything.

    Love your blog and getting so many outfit ideas, let me know if you wanna follow each other? ;)

    xo Nav
    http://navlandstyle.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. 3 weeks.
    Jane that is a loonggg time !
    I don't know if I could have pulled it off, however i must admit you looked quite classy sporting them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You look great at the very least you ave shown women the proper way to wear leggings!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey, I love her outfit! I have the same earrings, but not in silver :) I also walk the streets of Toronto, do you have any advice of where to shop downtown since I’m not from here originally?


    Woman Leggings

    ReplyDelete
  8. Buy Leggings India at reasonable cost and show off your true style from brandtrendz.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love leggings and wear them constantly in wintertime and sometime in summer. Whether you need to buy leggings online or looking to buy black leggings online, Shopdrill is an optimum place.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Leggings are in Fashion right now.I personally like leggings very much because it is very comfortable . We can wear it with Kurti, T-shirt and Top also. It has different color, design and print. Now we can buy Leggings Online

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am an Artist & creative director.
    After more than a decade of agency life I decided it was time for me to move on and start my own online store. My ambition is to offer an amazing variety of designs with excellent quality. The buy leggings is a fantastic medium to express what you like. Who they are and what they identify with. Our range of designs is constantly evolving, and we want to have something for everyone.

    ReplyDelete
  12. ohh i just love your blog. recently i brought some leggings from citrusox.com. but i don't have new tops and tunics for this, but now i get idea for buying some tunics. thinks a lot and keep sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  13. WOW! very good collection of leggings. It's looks so beautiful. we have also leggings and more collection on women's leggings

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very informative blog Like the blog i suffered from cellulite for a long time and searched whole web but couldn't found any permanent treatment but on Get Rid Of Cellulite i found something very important. And this is best and natural treatment completely.

    ReplyDelete
  15. If you’re watching for Cellulitis Natural Treatment infection that works fast and positively for your problem, then you should read this writing. In this article, natural medications for cellulitis infection on face, legs, and other portions of the body.

    ReplyDelete

First 24 Hours in India

  Ten years after qualifying as a yoga teacher I finally realised a dream - to travel to the birthplace of yoga. I have been planning this t...