Thursday 28 January 2021

$#*! My Dad Says

 




My dad didn't swear much.
So when he did, it was a big thing.
My brother and I would look at each other in horror.
His second favourite saying was:
"Do that and you will find yourself up $#*! creek without a paddle."
We thought it was hilarious!
So when I started watching the fabulous Schitt's Creek I was laughing louder and harder than the rest of my family as those glances exchanged by the brother and sister whenever the old dad say something stupid reminded me of my late dad.
But it's not just the humour that appeals to me.
I am in love with Moira Rose.
She is my new style icon.
And when I was looking through my wardrobe for something to wear today I was drawn to this dress I bought on ebay last September.
It cost £9.99 and was allegedly £129.



The tag was still on and I bought the matching BNWT coat too for £12.99.



It has Moira's penchant for black and white and accessorized necklines.
But I not only love her clothing style.
I love her parenting style.
Whenever my grown up kids pull at my heart strings with a caustic comment I think: 'What would Moira say.'
It keeps  me sane.
Moira is so far from the other character this actress is famous for - the mom in Home Alone!
I couldn't believe it when I found out.

If you have never seen Moira Rose, here are some of her finest moments.


So if $#*!'s Creek was my dad's second favourite saying, what was his first?

"If you get knocked down and killed

crossing that road, don't run back crying to me."

Totally illogical.

Just like my dad!


I wore:

Boots, jumper and tights - M&S

Dress- Coast from Ebay






2 comments:

  1. Ahhh, I never would have recognized that as the same actress from Home Alone! My dad's favourite line in response to us kids saying "We're bored!" -

    "Why don't you go and play on the motorway.."

    Lulu x

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look gorgeous, love the 1960s vibe of your outfit. Your Dad sounded like a right laugh.
    I don't know that programme and I've never watched Home Alone either.I shall check the links so I can appreciate who that lady is. xxx

    ReplyDelete

First 24 Hours in India

  Ten years after qualifying as a yoga teacher I finally realised a dream - to travel to the birthplace of yoga. I have been planning this t...