Thursday 21 January 2021

Girls Just Want To Have Fun

 

When life is a little gloomy I like to turn to the light.
I usually find it in fun frivolous stuff like food and fashion.
But yesterday during Joe Biden's inauguration, the light didn't just shine out, it exploded in the form of a 22-year-old poet called Amanda Gorman who recited her self-penned poem, The Hill We Climb.



I was mesmerized by her performance.
Amazing for a young woman who once had a speech impediment.
Over the last week I have been taking part in an Instagram style challenge with the hashtag #loveherstyleshareherstyle and Wednesday's challenge was to choose someone with a different style and be inspired.
There was no contest.
I scrolled through Amanda's Instagram account and found this photo.



I rarely wear jackets and most of my skirts and dresses are way below the knee.
So I gave it a go with what I had in my wardrobe and here it is.



I am pretty pleased with the final result.
I think I have learned a few things from Amanda too.
I also had great fun sharing other styles too this week.


This challenge was to find someone with a similar bodyshape. 
Well I may be a few sizes bigger but I am the same height as Kylie.

Another inspiration was the pearls and hairslides favoured by the lovely Lucy Worsley.

As I said, when life gets gloomy I head for the frivolity to find the light.

Although Amanda sums it up beautifully in the final three lines of her poem.

"For there is always light,

if only we're brave enough to see it.

If only we're brave enough to be it.'

Today I wore:

Dress - Boden (at least 6 years old)

Jacket - Next (at least 4 years old)

Leggings - Sweaty Betty

Boots - M & S

Bag - Zara.









6 comments:

  1. Amanda was absolutely amazing! You did a fantastic job with the wardrobe challenges, such fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely challenge, so good to see women being inspired by other women rather than tearing one another down. Love the Lucy Worsley hair clip and how much that red hat suits you! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Jane, oh I missed that bit on the inauguration highlights! There is hope. Your Insta Style Challenge looks really good fun and just what’s needed. Lulu xXx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These challenges are always fun and making me get changed out of my leggings!!

      Delete

First 24 Hours in India

  Ten years after qualifying as a yoga teacher I finally realised a dream - to travel to the birthplace of yoga. I have been planning this t...