Friday 15 January 2021

Green Day

 
 
Even though it was freezing today I felt my green dress shout 'pick me,' as I opened the wardrobe.
Today was a mixed bag - yoga, walk with a friend, zoom meeting with our financial adviser, work on my online course and a big clean-up.
I always start the base of my outfit with a yoga vest and leggings so I can get my yoga practice in.
I only do slow flow so I don't  get sweaty!


I love this dress as it has pockets and I love pocket . 

They are a real deal-breaker for me.



I am also trying to keep wearing heels inside - just so my legs don't forget how they work.


I tried the jumper over the dress but prefer it underneath.
Frankie was determined to get in on this little photo shoot looking nonchalantly into the near distance.

He is a born model.


When I do get a break I will be catching up with these two books.

I started both books before Christmas and I am determined to finish them both this weekend.


Both books are connected to places where I live/have lived.
Beryl Bainbridge's story is set in Liverpool and she grew up in our village.


Andrew O'Hagan's novel is a coming of age when a group of friends from Scotland visit Manchester which is where I grew up and I recognized the 1980s Manchester where it is set including the nightclubs I used to go to.

If you would like to hear my memories of my nightclub days I will be interviewed by Dermot O'Leary on BBC Radio 2 about 9.45am tomorrow (Saturday) morning.
All being well!

Today I wore:
Boots - Rag and Bone
Dress - Wallis
Jumper - French Connection
Leggings and Vest - Sweaty Betty

5 comments:

  1. Hi Jane! Thanks so much for visiting my blog. You look fantastic, easy to see you keep up with proper exercise. I had to laugh when you mentioned wearing heels in the house, I really should do the same thing, I may have already have trouble! I wish I could access the radio show, I would love to hear that. I hope you'll talk about it a bit here on your blog too. It's so nice to meet you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Frankie makes the best accessory!
    I like that jumper both under and over the lovely green dress. I change out of my exercise gear after breakfast but my base layer looks very similar to yours, thermal leggings and a body. Keeps me toasty all day.
    The only book I can think of that I've read set locally is Meera Syal's "Anita and Me" although she makes Walsall sound like a rural backwater not the ethnically diverse & largest populated town in the UK that I know and sort of love! We went to the same school. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I missed your radio broadcast. I worked in London nightclubs in my younger days (Tiffany's, La Val Bonne, Maximums, Empire Leicester square) those were the days! Probably why my hearings so bad lol.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Jane, I am so gutted I missed you on the radio talking about Manchester nightlife!!! Maybe I could find the show on iPlayer (?). I fancy that Mayflies book. Frankie is just gorgeous and lovely dress. I am going to email you regarding the kids’ yoga! Lulu xXx

    ReplyDelete
  5. One of my best friends is from Manchester - he came to Canada in the early 80s.

    Lovely dress, and kudos for making sure your feet "remember" heels! I have to make sure I pick heels a few times a week or I'm going to have a closet full of non-wearable shoes when I go back to full time work (which...no idea when...this summer? this fall?).

    ReplyDelete

First 24 Hours in India

  Ten years after qualifying as a yoga teacher I finally realised a dream - to travel to the birthplace of yoga. I have been planning this t...