Tuesday 13 October 2020

Pineapple Dreams


When I was a teenager in Manchester in the 1980s my favourite TV show was Fame.

I longed to be a dancer even though I have two left feet.

I even persuaded our local dance teacher to give me and four of my friends to give us a dance lesson.

I could see the despair in her body - her face and hair was frozen in the dance teacher mould.

In Manchester there was a Pineapple Dance shop - the closest I could get to the dance craze of Fame.

When I saw this grey sweater in my local charity shop it took me back.

And forward.

After this photo was taken I spent the day teaching yoga in two local primary schools which includes movement and singing (which is how we get early years to breathe rhythmically and yes its been Covid cleared).

So who knew that one day the clumsy teem with two left feet who couldn't sing a note would be enjoying gainful employment as a professional performer.




Today I wore:

Trainers: Nike

Leggings: Sweaty Betty

Pineapple Jumper - Oxfam


 

2 comments:

  1. I love finding something that reminds me of my early years - what a fun flashback for you to find that sweater! So cool that you are teaching yoga, Jane!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes yoga is another career avenue.
      So far I've been a journalist, a creative writing tutor in prison, an English teacher, a student support mentor and now yoga teacher. I wonder where my next career will take me!

      Delete

First 24 Hours in India

  Ten years after qualifying as a yoga teacher I finally realised a dream - to travel to the birthplace of yoga. I have been planning this t...