Tuesday 27 October 2020

Down On The Farm

 



After retiring from Merseyside Police in July 2018, my husband took a while to find his new vocation.

July was a busy month that year with the wedding of our son, but as the summer led to autumn and a stint delivering prescriptions for a local pharmacy became a little dull, he decided to switch part time jobs and became a delivery driver for Majestic. Although the discount came in handy for his red wine habit, he still failed to find a post that scratched that public service itch.

By the following autumn he decided to try something new and took a post as a teaching assistant to a troubled young man at a nearby school. Sadly, funding ran out but he decided to search around the education sector. 

And then last January a new job appeared at a local farm which is a day centre for adults with learning disabilities.

 He was interviewed in the children's section of a local library by a man sat astride a toadstool while a rehearsal of Dad's Army was going on in the next room. But reader, he got the job and he couldn't be happier. A contract of 20 hours a week means lots of time left to pursue his love of walking and birdwatching but he often helps out in the art room and on the farm.



As the farm is located just a few miles up the road I often accompany him to help with animal feeding duties and during lockdown I filmed a few relaxation and yoga videos for the clients so they could keep in contact while they were at home. Happily, everyone is back now and it's happy days.

My favourite time of year was Spring at Bridge Inn Farm.

Every four weeks it's his job to take care of the animals over the weekend which is where I took these photographs and where I get to see my favourite pig, Pebbles who featured in the video.



It's been almost a year now and over two years since he left the police but his new job is just a dream.

And I can wear my new dress with wellies!



I wore:

Boots - Hunter and Marks & Spencer

Dress; Anthropologie from eBay

Coat: Trespass

Hat: Lipsy







2 comments:

  1. That's so awesome that your husband found a part-time job doing something he loves, and can give back. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad that your husband has found something so worthwhile to occupy his time. The interview sounded memorable.
    I love your dress and the photo of the pair of you, you're a fine looking couple! xxx

    ReplyDelete

First 24 Hours in India

  Ten years after qualifying as a yoga teacher I finally realised a dream - to travel to the birthplace of yoga. I have been planning this t...