Tuesday 1 October 2013

Scullery Chic


For some reason, the Downton thing has passed me by.
I am not a big fan of period dramas but last night I was too lazy to do anything apart from laze on the sofa while said serial drama was on.
It may have been my inferiority complex coming out but I found the whole thing dismal, especially as I could not see further than the downstairs landing.
"If I'd been born in the Downton era I would have probably been the scullery maid, "I moaned.
"Really, I am sure I would have been Lord of the Manor," said my husband. 
With a straight face.
There you have it, our relationship in a nutshell.


And here I am looking dowdy and Downton.
Must snap out of it.

I wore:
Boots - Clarks
Skirt - Very
Top - Vero Moda
Jacket - Paul Costelloe




4 comments:

  1. I have only watched a few episodes of DA. I laughed at your comment on the roles you and your husband envisioned. I don't think you look dowdy but do think you might have added a bit of color here - maybe a bright scarf?

    Darla

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't caught the Downtown bug yet either. Probably because we have had no TV for months. X

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not a period drama fan either unless it's Peaky Blinders which I adore. Never watched DA, it just doesn't appeal, I like gritty stuff.
    I'd have been a maid with you, we could have nicked the sherry and caused a riot below stairs. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I rather like Downton, though it's very soap opera-ish in terms of the plotting and characterisation. Just a posher version! It looks beautiful, the costumes are wonderful. But of course, we would all have been servants back in those days! xxxx

    ReplyDelete

First 24 Hours in India

  Ten years after qualifying as a yoga teacher I finally realised a dream - to travel to the birthplace of yoga. I have been planning this t...