Sunday 6 October 2013

Caught In The Act



A great book and a large mug of black coffee - my favourite way of spending a sunny Sunday afternoon.
 
I have just discovered Muriel Spark and devoured four of her books in the last five days.
I've read, Memento Mori, The Prime of Miss Jean Brodie, The Driver's Seat and a collection of short stories.
 
How wonderful to discover there are 19 novels, more short stories and poems to go.
It is the first time I have enjoyed reading such an obtrusive narrator.
 
Memento Mori was written in the 1950s but it is still so fresh and original.
 
I am halfway through her last book, The Finishing School, which was published in 2004.
 
If you like quirky, fresh and funny with a dark side then I urge you to read one of her novels.
Most of them are just over 100 pages and it is perfectly possible to read one in a sitting.
 
Now, excuse me I just  need to get to the end of this next chapter before it is time to iron my son's school uniform.
 
I wore:
Shoes - Clarks
Trousers - Gap
Shirt - Zara
Jumper - Gap

8 comments:

  1. I remember the Prime of Miss Jean Brodie on TV, I used to love it! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I tried so hard to get into The Prime of Miss Jean Brodie! For a short book, I could never get through it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this gorgeous ramdom snap of you,.so natural & you in your element(fresh-face pretty:-)!

    X

    ReplyDelete
  4. Goodness me, I'm off to the library! Lovely to see you enjoy your Sunday :) We've endless drizzle for the last two days ...

    ReplyDelete
  5. *We've had endless drizzle ...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've been doing the same in the garden too, its so glorious isn't it! I haven't read any Muriel Spark books before. Which book of hers would you recommend for a first read? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I thought I had read something by Muriel Spark but looking at my book list I guess not. That is unless it was years and years ago and I've forgotten. Will look for Memento Mori.

    Darla

    ReplyDelete

First 24 Hours in India

  Ten years after qualifying as a yoga teacher I finally realised a dream - to travel to the birthplace of yoga. I have been planning this t...