Saturday 1 April 2023

Walking Wednesday

 



One of my favourite days of the holiday.

It started with a 7am workout in the gym.

Did I ever tell you I met my husband in the univeristy gym during Fresher's Week?

We have always loved to work out - over the past 30 years, since the children came along it hasn't always been possible to train together but now the children are fleeing the nest one by one we are finding out what brought us together in the first place!



After a breakfast on the balcony we headed out towards Amadores and kept on walking.



We passed lots of lovely coves and beaches and at  one we found a supermarket where we bought a bag of ice, a bottle of rose, some plastic wine glasses and some bread and cheese.




Time for a siesta after lunch and my new book from the charity shop.
I don't know how I missed this first time around as I absolutely loved it.




It's a hard life!




Back at the hotel, a quick shower and change and we headed off to a local restaurant for an evening meal out for a change.





Crochet Dress - Zara

Jeans - Tommy HIlfiger

Swimsuit - Top Shop via Vinted

Blue top - Ralph Lauren

Sandals - Birkenstock

2 comments:

  1. The God of Small Things is one of my favourite ever books, we travelled to Kottayam in the Keralan backwaters to search for where the pickle factory might have been and even painted the landing wall in the same pink as the flower on the cover!
    fabulous outfits, love the crochet maxi dress and you look amazing in a swim suit, Bond Girl! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a wonderful idea to look for the landmarks. We are going to Kerala (Kovalam) next January. X

      Delete

First 24 Hours in India

  Ten years after qualifying as a yoga teacher I finally realised a dream - to travel to the birthplace of yoga. I have been planning this t...