Monday 20 March 2023

A Tumultuous Tuesday

 

With the building work across from our balcony at full throttle we headed out for a bus trip to Playa del Ingles, one of the oldest resorts on the island.

As it was sunny in Puerto Rico I wore these preloved Top Shop shorts with my supermarket hat.



The resort is a very rugged, windy beach which leads to a series of beautiful sand dunes.

My husband is a keen bird watcher and went off in search of the elusive Hoopoe, I settled on the sand with my charity shop book which I read in two days and would heartily reccomend. Its set in 1930s Kentucky ad follows a group of women who have been recruited as Pack Horse Librarians based on the real life initiative by Frankin D Roosevelt and his New Deal.


As it was cooler on the way home I thre on this gorgeous kaftan from Next which my friend had bought me as an early birthday present.


As we had eaten out for lunch, dinner was a little cheese, bread and wine then it was time for bed in this gorgeous Dilli Grey nightdress.

Tomorrow we planned to find some new beaches nearer out hotel.

1 comment:

  1. That Dilli Grey nightie is gorgeous - fabulous colours and such a great shape, perfect for drinks on the balcony - although I'd be tempted to add trainers and a denim jacket and go out in it.
    Those sand dunes were lovely but I hated the windiness! You did well to sit and read! xxx

    ReplyDelete

First 24 Hours in India

  Ten years after qualifying as a yoga teacher I finally realised a dream - to travel to the birthplace of yoga. I have been planning this t...