Thursday 24 December 2020

The Last Supper

 


Cheers - we  made it!
Our last supper out before Christmas.

December 23rd is the time we usually meet up with our closest friends for a meal or drink but this year it was just the two of us as Denise and Kev tested positive for Covid on Monday.

We had planned to go to the same restaurant and sit at different tables in our separate Covid bubbles but at least dine in the same building.
Sadly, it wasn't to be although I am happy to say both are doing well with minor symptoms.

The rest of the last few days have been a blur of getting ready for Christmas dinner although there will only be four of us at the table instead of the usual 14.

But we still need the  spiced cabbage and the bread sauce.


I also had time to meet up with another friend, Elaine, for a socially distanced walk on the beach.

We met at a yoga retreat three years ago and she has become a very close friend.


Elaine retired early from her IT job last year and trained to be a yoga teacher which is really helpful when I need someone to cover my classes.


One of my lovely yoga students had put £20 in a Christmas card so I went to my local charity shop and bought a few things leaving the change for the charity.

Christmas wouldn't be Christmas without some cheesy films I would normally never watch, and I secretly enjoyed these two especially as I watched the Bob film with my 20 year old son.


Our meal out last night was lovely and as I was rushing around I didn't have time to change so I just took off the tank top and realised how easy this dress can go from day to night.






I also wore my 26 year old black velvet coat which I get out every Christmas.

It still feel so luxe.



I will be back tomorrow with a very special post but for now I would like to wish you and yours a Merry Christmas.

And if you got this far, thank you for reading.

I wore:
Boots - Clarks
Dress - New Look
Coat - Four Seasons



1 comment:

  1. Get well soon, Denise and Kev!
    It sounds like you live on a different planet talking about going out somewhere, I've forgotten that not everyone lives in Tier 3!
    I'm glad you were able to go out and both scrubbed up very nicely. What a lovely treat from your yoga pals and a very thoughtful way of spending it, by giving it to charity.
    Have a wonderful Xmas. xxx

    ReplyDelete

First 24 Hours in India

  Ten years after qualifying as a yoga teacher I finally realised a dream - to travel to the birthplace of yoga. I have been planning this t...