Wednesday 2 December 2020

December Will Be Magic Again


The mercury has plummeted and it is time to dig out the woolly jumper, the one I bought in the summer in the Zara sale for this very day.
December is officially cozy jumper season and these extra wide sleeves and scalloped hem tick all my boxes.


I paired it with my Top Shop skirt on the very day we hear that the store is about to close.
I have mixed feelings about this but I do love this skirt and the quality means it will last for years or until I regift it to the charity shop.


I spent my walk looking for twigs for my Christmas decorations but they will take a few days to dry out as it poured down this morning.


I got home just in time to see the postman about to deliver my coffee fix. 
I may be unusual as I do love the smell of fresh coffee but prefer the taste (and ease) of instant coffee and these Little's flavoured coffees make it worth getting up early in the winter mornings for.


And then it was off to the farm to choose a real tree for the kitchen.
We used to have two trees - the fake one we bought the Christmas before my 20 year old was born and a real one.
However, two years ago we had major work on the house and stick with the fake one.
This year my daughter insisted we had to have a real one so this one is drying out ready to dress.


The rest of the day was spent planning sessions for the week and some courses I am running for schools in the New Year.
That and refereeing between three alpha males in the house!



See you soon,
Jane X

I wore:
Boots - Next
Leggings - Sweaty Betty
Skirt - Top Shop (charity shop)
Jumper - Zara




 

2 comments:

  1. That jumper looks lovely and snuggly!
    The tree is a perfect shape, I'm looking forward to seeing it all dressed up. Do you think you'll have trouble with Frankie and baubles or is it just cats that attack trees?
    I'm like you, I much prefer instant coffee! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely jumper Jane. That’s a good coffee fix, what a range of flavours. We have a coffee machine that we rarely use these days, as there are some great instants about. I do love the smell of a real tree. I offered up the option to the kids this year, and they surprised me by saying they want to keep with the stick druid! Lulu x

    ReplyDelete

First 24 Hours in India

  Ten years after qualifying as a yoga teacher I finally realised a dream - to travel to the birthplace of yoga. I have been planning this t...