Saturday 26 December 2020

Silk Pyjamas and Jimmy Choos


It was a Christmas Day of two halves this year.
The morning was busy with all of my children and their partners around for brunch with mum and then they went their separate ways leaving me, my husband and youngest son alone for Christmas Dinner.



The dinner had been scheduled for 3pm but as one of my sons left, they noticed a dog roaming around the road so my husband, son and his girlfriend were frantically trying to coax the dog into a garden and make it safe until someone with a scanner arrived and it was returned safely home.



I was a very lucky girl this year, my husband bought me some silk pyjamas and my children and their partners clubbed together to buy me a pair of Jimmy Choos court shoes.

Both are the type of grown up gifts I used to dream about when I was younger.

Sadly, even low heels are a bit of a strain on the old ankle if I wear them for too long so I reverted to my pre-loved Alexander McQueen trainers for the rest of the day.

I had bought the sequin skirt in the sale at H & M last Christmas for £5 and knew it would be perfect for Christmas Day.

My top is part of a twin set from New Look.

As we waited for the lunch to cook we played a game of Scrabble before devouring the dinner and settling on the sofa to watch Call the Midwife with my daughter's Frenchie, Bud who is staying over. 


Mum only lives in the next road and she is part of our bubble.

Bud is breaching the rules as he is Tier 3 but he is going home today and I will miss him.

Santa Paws was very kind to Bud.

He bought a new personalised treat jar.


And a cuddly toy that has a battery inside which mimics a heart beat and is a great comforter to nervous boys like Bud.
With a new grandchild to look forward to next year I am guessing our Christmas Day will look very different in 2021.
Whether large or small, I hope you had a happy Christmas Day and found something to enjoy.



On Christmas Day I wore:

Pre-loved Alexander McQueen trainers from Luxe Collective

Skirt - H & M

Top - New Look





 

1 comment:

  1. I love your sequined skirt and your new shoes are lovely (I agree, though, I've also only been wearing heels for pictures!). Happy Christmas, Jane!

    ReplyDelete

First 24 Hours in India

  Ten years after qualifying as a yoga teacher I finally realised a dream - to travel to the birthplace of yoga. I have been planning this t...