Monday 7 December 2020

Life's A Beach


I love our local beach in winter.
It hasn't got a pretty promenade with bars and cafes.
It's a wild beach full of natural wildlife, bracing winds from the Irish Sea and dunes so big you can sledge down them and people often do.
And did I mention the pinewoods which lead to the beach?
On Saturday our mission was to collect some pine cones for our daughter's decorations and the art room at the farm where my husband works.


The skies were blue and the tide was high.


On our way the walk was colourful with the last flourishes of summer from the pelargoniums and calendula and the beautiful berries.

After our walk it was getting dark and we watched Fargo with some red wine and cheese.



Sunday was a morning bike ride with my friends to Waterloo just outside Liverpool.


We rode along the prom at Crosby, home to Antony Gormley's Another Place installation and we passed Adelaide Terrace which was once home to Captain Smith of the Titanic.


The Georgian Terraces look right out to sea and many have six or more bedrooms.


After a shower and thaw out it was time to finish the decorations.
These little beauties were picked up from a charity shop about 10 years ago.


The tree was purchased in 1999.


Here are some of my favourite decorations that have been bought over the years. 


Ben made this when he was in primary school and it always comes out.


Saturday's outfit was boots - M & S; Jeans - M & S and blouse - Oasis.


Sunday's outfit was Boots - Clarks; Dress - Moxi and tank top - Oasis.

 

 

5 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, that beach is beautiful! They are not so sandy here.

    Love your cherubs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your beach is an absolute dream! How lucky to have that on your doorstep.
    Love your collage, a gorgeous photo of you and your man! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely sand dunes! It has made me want to drive to the north side of Cornwall in pursuit of dunes to body board down, as it is quite rare for us to get snow. I love Antony Gormley’s sculptures. I pulled out the Christmas box this week and it is full of the kid’s homemade decorations going back to nursery. Some of the baked dough stuff is getting a little gross now but I can’t bring myself to throw it away! Lulu x

    ReplyDelete

First 24 Hours in India

  Ten years after qualifying as a yoga teacher I finally realised a dream - to travel to the birthplace of yoga. I have been planning this t...