Monday 17 January 2022

Apricity


 

I love discovering new words and devoting whole posts to them like this one.

And today on a bright, sunny Monday morning I was listening to the radio when the forecaster used the word, 'apricity.'

Apparently, it means to feel the warmth of the winter sun.


I was feeling that as I walked along the beach path with Frankie today.



I was reminded of another word I discovered in 2012 while reading The Bellwether Revivals by Benjamin Wood - Petrichor - and I devoted a whole post to that too here.


I hope you have had a good week.


I ham back at work, teaching yoga and have been making the effort to get dressed instead of wearing my yoga pants every day.

I also got  my hair cut.

But I am not sure Frankie likes it!


And yesterday we finally enjoyed some family time with our belated Christmas Dinner which was postponed due to Covid.

Around 80% of what I am wearing in these photos are second hand clothes mainly from Vinted and Ebay.

Wishing you a wonderful week ahead,

Jane X

2 comments:

  1. You look fabulous in all these outfits! I'm glad you could catch up with your family. Have a great week!
    xoxo
    Lovely
    www.mynameislovely.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. What fabulous outfits, particularly the first one, the print looks like sequins!
    I'm so glad you finally managed to have a Covid-free Xmas celebration!
    Apricity - I didn't know the word but it's one of the greatest pleasures in life. I have a very handsome actor friend, Cameron Moon, who has been on my blog a few times - he's just starred in a short film called Petrichor! xxx

    ReplyDelete

First 24 Hours in India

  Ten years after qualifying as a yoga teacher I finally realised a dream - to travel to the birthplace of yoga. I have been planning this t...