Saturday 8 January 2022

Back to the Future: A Vision

 


I like to play.

And one of the games I enjoy at the end of the year is cutting and sticking.

Some people call them Vision Boards.

I simply collect magzines throughout the year and cut out pictures and words that I like.

Between December and January I pin them together and create a board.

I suppose it is my version of New Year's Resolutions.

But things I want to focus on.

When I start I have no idea how it will turn out but there is usually a theme.

Here is this year's Vision Board.

I will probably be referring back to it throughout the year.

When I look at it now I see images of warmth, light, simple dress and women who look comfortable in their own skin.

Today is Day 8 of Covid and while I am still testing positive, I am feeling much more energised.

I had blinding headaches between Thursday and Saturday morning  and slept beyond 8am which is unheard of for me.

But by mid-day today (Saturday) as the headache went, my energy returned.

I have already cleaned the whole downstairs.

Despite feeling rough I did make the effort to do some yoga, write, read and get dressed each day.

And here is what I wore this week.


This crochet jumper came from a small online business I found on Instagram - it's not all bad!


My go-to winter dress - pleather leggings and a top. This denim shirt was £25 in a Donna Ida sample sale instead of the usual £200.



And dearest Alida - I got to wear her for the first time.

I have also completed my first book of 2022 - The Science of Storytelling by Will Storr which is a fabulous read not just for writers but for readers anyone interested in why we act the way we do. I will defintey be reading more of his work this year.

I hope you have a lovely week.
I am off to catch up with some blogs now.
Bye for now,
Jane X

4 comments:

  1. wishing you a speedy recovery, good to see you managed to get dressed every day whilst ill, I think it makes a huge difference to how we feel about ourselves :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh, there's Alida looking strong and energized! Fab crochet jumper too. I love a bit of cutting a sticking. The Science of Storytelling book sounds really interesting, will look out for that one xXx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your crochet top and tartan dress are fabulous on you!
    I haven't bought magazines in years but used to do similar when I subscribed to Living Etc. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your vision board is cool, and you look fab in that dress. Wishing you a wonderful 2022!
    xoxo
    Lovely
    www.mynameislovely.com

    ReplyDelete

First 24 Hours in India

  Ten years after qualifying as a yoga teacher I finally realised a dream - to travel to the birthplace of yoga. I have been planning this t...