Monday 23 November 2020

Saudade

 

Despite the title of the post which I will come to later, it has been a beautiful day.




I started with my daily hour long walk from my house to the beach via the woods and back.




There is so much to see and the landscape changes on a daily basis.



The light was so lovely this morning before the rain came and I only saw a handful of people on my walk.



I watched this little fella enjoying some berries for breakfast.


And a different route back on the path where you can catch a glimpse of the high school where my four children went just a stone's throw from the dunes.

After I got back I completed all my class plans and admin for the week before my 15 minute Joe Wicks workout, a shower and my treat - writing my NaNoWriMo novel.
I was looking for a word to describe that mixed feeling of sadness and happiness for a time that is lost forever.
It wasn't nostalgia, it was something more visceral I was looking for and then I came across this amazing word Saudade. 
I ended up down a rabbit hole of culture and music and literature of Portugal where the word originates and discovered there is even a Saudade Day in Brazil on January 30th.
Isn't that cool?


My look today appears to be inspired by the praries.
I can't resist a bit of gingham and as all my walking and exercising is done for the day I could wear some heeled boots for a change.
I think I have finally figured out why our American friends call vests tanks now as I needed an extra layer and used by vest top as a tank top.

Finally, everything is coming together.
Is there a word for that?




I wore:
Boots - Next
Dress - Monki
Tank/Vest - New Look


5 comments:

  1. Saudade! What a brilliant word and so interesting that Brazil has a day for it. Looks like you had a good robust walk round the nature reserve. I do love a prairie dress. Lulu x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving the Snow White vibe of your outfit!
    What a gorgeous walk you took us on.
    How interesting about the word, saudade. I'll have to slip that into conversation when I return to Goa as some of the older people we know still speak Portuguese! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Saudade - that is a word I shall treasure. It sounds like the name of a boat!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Saudade is a new one for me, so thank you, Jane! I love your fun dress and what a gorgeous walk!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That word is wonderful and that is a feeling I experience so often! It's nice that it actually has a name!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Gorgeous dress! I, too, cannot resist a bit of gingham!

    ReplyDelete

First 24 Hours in India

  Ten years after qualifying as a yoga teacher I finally realised a dream - to travel to the birthplace of yoga. I have been planning this t...