Friday 19 February 2021

Happy Birthday To Me

 


It's my birthday today.

55!

How did that happen.

If you are into numerology 5 and 5 make 10.

This guitar I am pictured with was a gift from my birthday 10 years ago.

And guess what I got for my 10th birthday?

Yes, a guitar.

And you know what, I have never learned to play despite the best of intentions.

They do make great props though!

I share my special day with Helen Fielding, the author of Bridget Jones; Seal and Amy Tan.

Also Prince Andrew but lets not mention him.

I was born on the cusp of Pisces and Aquarius but when I was a reporter at The Liverpool Echo I interviewed an astrologist who took  my date and time of birth and said I was definitely Pisces.

Pisces is the last sign of the zodiac  and they are considered to be kind souls who are creative and empathetic.

Apparently they have hobbies such as painting and writing!!!!!

I certainly agree that I am not bound by logic (as my whole family will tell you) and am definitely open to new ideas.

But numerology and astrology aside - both new ideas to me - it's been a fabulous day.

Briony and her fiance came round to drop off my present and they even brought Bud for a cuddle.

They got me this fabulous PJ and Robe set.


Sam, Sophie and the bump dropped off a plant and a Sweaty Betty voucher and friends came round for socially distanced doorstep chats to drop off lovely gifts.



I was thoroughly spoiled.

Mum who is in our bubble came round in the evening when my other two sons who live at home were back from work and we had a lovely evening together.

The evening meal was my favourite takeaway - Indian - and a Vegetable Biryani washed down with lots of red wine.

Today's outfit was inspired by  Vix and her Wear. Sleep. Repeat . challenge as I wore this dress the last time I posted.

And it was also inspired by this photo.


Today I wore:

Boots - Clarks

Dress - New Look

Shirt - Top Shop

4 comments:

  1. Happy, happy birthday Jane! It does not matter that you can't play the guitar, you look super cool, and that's what matters ;) Your Indian food takeout sounds scrumptious. Have a super lovely day. Lulu xXx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday for yesterday! I find numbers fascinating. Important in my life are 7 and 6 - they follow me in so many ways.
    All good wishes and thanks for the link. ~ Mike.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dammit - I'm late in wishing you a happy birthday! Happy 55th, Jane - not only were you spoilt with pressies but it also means you'll get your Covid jab a fortnight before me !
    Yay to repeating that fabulous dress and the mention.
    I don't have a musical bone in my body but yes, guitars are an excellent prop! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday, Jane! I'll be 54 this year - dang, where did those years go??

    I love your photo with the guitar, and your inspiration photo! My husband also has a guitar he hasn't learned to play. I'm going to hang it on the wall as décor!

    ReplyDelete

First 24 Hours in India

  Ten years after qualifying as a yoga teacher I finally realised a dream - to travel to the birthplace of yoga. I have been planning this t...