Thursday 27 May 2010

A Wacky Wiki Way With Words


Another chilly day.
I was working in the prison in the morning and then I drove for an hour to Liverpool where I attended a drama workshop at The Everyman Theatre with playwright Dan Rabellato.
It was a fascinating talk and we created a short play by the end of the session which we all performed.
What amused me most was that Dan (who is also Professor of Contemporary Theatre at Royal Holloway University of London) revealed that he liked to shock his students by telling them not to trust Wikipedia.
And he does this by changing entries with incorrect information right in front of their very eye.
You have been warned!


Today I wore:

Boots - Tesco
Jacket - Debenhams
Skirt - Gap
Top - Asda
Scarf M & Co

6 comments:

  1. I knew that about Wikipedia. The scary story I have about wikipedia is from my brother who is a patent lawyer. He was in court one time & the judge accepted wikipedia (as presented by the opposing attorney) as a expert source.

    ReplyDelete
  2. my professors from day one have told me that wikipedia is NOT an accepted resource for this reason! :)

    lovely outfit, despite the chilly air :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. How cool is that !
    I think it's a great idea in order to have people do REAL research and not just copy and paste. Verify the info people !
    If I ever get to be a professor I will do that :)
    Turquoise is one of my favorite colors (even though I do not have that many garments in that color) I think its a color that looks good on everyone, very pretty Jane!
    Oh! and in regards to the job, I am still in the same company but, we no longer carry the brand :(
    Snifff!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I did know that about wikipedia, but did you also know that they allow for a three percent margin of error in official encyclopedias? I was reading an article a few years ago that did a sampling of information on wikipedia, and found only a 5 percent margin of error.

    And even though I constantly use it, I still don't think it works as an acceptable source for anything official!

    Chic on the Cheap

    ReplyDelete
  5. thanks fr your information............

    ReplyDelete
  6. (Thank you rounds are always welcome, of course. Brazenhead is a great place to go with your
    family or for a business lunch or dinner,
    but if you are looking for a party atmosphere, this isn't it. The Bull's Head Pub, Bangkok.


    Have a look at my web blog ... best pub quiz team names

    ReplyDelete

First 24 Hours in India

  Ten years after qualifying as a yoga teacher I finally realised a dream - to travel to the birthplace of yoga. I have been planning this t...