Friday 7 May 2010

Breaking News: Greens Romp Home in Polling Day Result


"I like your shirt Jane; it looks like we should have a picnic on it."
And that is how I was greeted when I went to work in the prison.
Mobile phones and internet connections are banned in the jail where I work but sometimes the comments I get make me wonder.
Such as
"Yesterday you were green and before that blue, what's the colour thing going on?"
Hmmm!
We often talk about clothes and I have a few writing workshops based on what we wear.
One of them is to play the Mary Chapin Carpenter Song "This Shirt" which relates a story about the journey of a woman's shirt.
Another workshop begins with the Jackie Kay poem "The Shoes of Dead Comrades" which links her father's communist values with the solidarity of his dead friend's shared views."
And now for the hot news.
The Greens have romped away with my Election Week Special grabbing 32% of the vote with the True Blues second and sharing joint third place are the Reds and Yellows.
Thank you to everyone who voted and congratulations to Candycane who has won The Seville Scarf giveaway - please email me on workthatwardrobe@googlemail.com to claim your prize.

Today I wore:
Boots - Clarks
Skirt - Marks and Spencer
Shirt - Matalan
Vest - Tesco
Necklace - Top Shop

9 comments:

  1. Hi there-love the denim skirt and gingham blouse, great combination!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great gingham blouse - and I won't begrudge Candystore her win!

    ReplyDelete
  3. As ever you look lovely ,but more than that I enjoyed your work anecdotes ,and whilst I realise you can only tell us so much ,I found this very interesting today ..love Jan xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how you styled this outfit and the skirt is so flattering.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your green day has brought luck to the green party with Caroline Lucas becoming the first Green MP.That's the only positive result today!
    You look good in the red-checked blouse. Cannot wear red as it 'washed me out'. have a great weekend. Ciao. A.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love it! Interesting about the comments. Hmm...

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love it...very Dukes of Hazzard:)

    http://www.afashionfixation.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wooooo I never win anything - thankyou so much :)

    Oh also love the gingham top!!!

    xXx

    ReplyDelete

First 24 Hours in India

  Ten years after qualifying as a yoga teacher I finally realised a dream - to travel to the birthplace of yoga. I have been planning this t...