Wednesday 22 May 2013

Purple Passion

 
When I was 10 years old I finally got a room of my own.
My dad divided the big bedroom in our two up two down terrace so my brother and I could have our own rooms.
I was allowed to choose any colour I wanted to decorate the room and chose purple.
It was long before my crush on Prince although I am sure his penchant for purple helped.
Thirty seven years on and I am still partial to purple.
Amethyst is my birthstone.
Vimto is my favourite non alcoholic tipple.
I think Jenny Joseph has got it wrong - saving purple for old age is such a terrible waste!

 
 
I wore:
Shoes - Converse
Jeans - Tesco
Thermal layer - Marks and Spencer
Top - Tesco
Scarf - Dorothy Perkins

2 comments:

  1. You look casual, sporty AND feminine -- what a great combo.

    I love purple too...we painted my children's room "lavender lipstick" -- it sounds girly but it's actually a medium tone purple good for both a boy & girl, since like you and your brother, my kids share a room :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a huge purple wall in the living room - the couches are tan and the pillows are lilac and purple.
    I like the effect it gives -

    ReplyDelete

First 24 Hours in India

  Ten years after qualifying as a yoga teacher I finally realised a dream - to travel to the birthplace of yoga. I have been planning this t...