Thursday 15 April 2021

Bud, Blossom and Bloopers.

 

What a week.

It started so well. 

I was back in school and looking forward to life getting back to some semblance of normality when the phone rang before 6am on Tuesday morning.

An early phone call is rarely good news.

It was my daughter.

Her little French Bulldog, Bud, my gorgeous grandoggy wasn't breathing properly and was clearly in pain.

I advised her to call the emergency vet.

They said they couldn't find anything wrong apart from full anal glands which they released.

They told her to go home.

She did but as soon as she arrived home she could see he was struggling some more.

At 8am she phoned her local vet and they asked for a video of him. It was clear he could barely breathe.

"Bring him in now," they said.

As soon as she arrived they whisked him off to a room and gave him oxygen asking my daughter to go home and wait by the phone.

A little while later they said he needed to be taken to the animal hospital as a node on his lung had burst. If my daughter hadn't brought him in when she did he would have died.

At the animal hospital the vet examined Bud and after a CT scan said they could try and operate but it wasn't certain he would survive. However, as he was a young dog it was worth a go. 

If it was his dog, the vet said, he would operate.

The operation took place yesterday and lasted four hours and part of his lung was removed.

Today he is recovering and has finally eaten some food.

If he continues to recover well he can be home by Saturday.

We knew we loved this little dog but not quite how much.

He will have to take it easy for the next few months but hopefully he will have lots of happy and healthy years to come.

I can't wait to have him back on the yoga mat with me.


And a reminder of the healing power of nature is that yesterday just as we got the good news about our precious Bud, this beautiful blossom in my front garden finally came to its fleeting fullness. 




Today the blossom petals are starting to float away - a reminder to cherish beauty whenever and wherever we find it moment by moment.



On a lighter note, just beware of stepping back when you take photos - luckily Bud was there to check I was OK after I fell into the pond last Sunday.



Today I wore:

Boots - Clarks

Denim Dress- H &M

5 comments:

  1. glad little Bud is making a recovery :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poor little bud! I really hope he recovers well Jane. The blossom is a beauty. Oh my, I shouldn't laugh so much, but that pond dive is brilliant. Lulu xXx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Poor Bud! What a frightening experience for all of you. I hope he's well on the road to recovery now, poor lamb.
    That last photo made me laugh out loud, Jon's almost done that so many times.
    Your denim dress is fabulous! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I adore your denim dress. You look stunning! And how funny that you caught that moment of falling on camera!

    Glad to hear Bud is recovering! X

    ReplyDelete
  5. All good wishes to Bud for a speedy recovery ~ Mike.

    ReplyDelete

First 24 Hours in India

  Ten years after qualifying as a yoga teacher I finally realised a dream - to travel to the birthplace of yoga. I have been planning this t...