Wednesday 17 July 2013

Lazy Summer Days

 
There is nothing more blissful than getting up in the morning, knowing you are off work for a while and there is nothing but sun, sun, sun on the horizon.
It's a jeans and converse day today.
A morning spent ordering currency, booking taxis, checking flight details and running around my children.
Perfect.
 
 
That doesn't mean I don't get time to take a break for some holiday reading.
I am into short stories at the moment and reading The Mortgaged Heart by Carson McCullers and have just finished Selected Stories by Alice Munro.
I just want to weep when I read Munro.
If I live another lifetime I will never be anywhere near as good.
If you haven't read any of Munro's work yet I urge you to do so - she is my absolute favourite.
 

I forgot to add that on my cycle ride last Sunday I managed to sneak into the Next Sale and I was largely underwhelmed.
The only thing that caught my eye was this lovely necklace reduced from £8 to £4.
I hope you are luck enough to be enjoying the sun today.
I will finish my coffee and the next chapter before starting on some more chores.
Or maybe not!
 
I wore:
Shoes - Converse
Jeans - Gap
Top - H and M
Necklace - Next

15 comments:

  1. Thanks for the lit tip!

    Laid-back chic suits ya:-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cosmic - do you not blog anymore - just checked your blogs and the last comments seem a while ago.

      Delete
    2. It's a pleasure to comment on your blog, Jane!

      The blogs were 'therapy' at the time and thus feel embarassed by them now! I might do the odd post ie photo or two when time permits on the baby diaries one, thanks for your interest:-)

      Delete
  2. I have to say this does sound blissful. : )


    Ali

    Dressing Ken

    ReplyDelete
  3. Summertime, relaxing with a good book, what could be better? I keep forgetting to try Munro but now that you have given her such a strong recommendation I'm going directly to my online library and order something by her.

    Darla

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for mentioning Munroe! I had just been complaining that Canadian authors never seem to be mentioned outside of Canada so you made my day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh honey if only I could put jeans on, I'm melting down here! All sense of style has gone out of the window, I have shorts on and old strappy t-shirt, hair scrapped back and no make-up! How is it we can handle it abroad but not at home? You off to your usual place in Spain? xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, back to Spain to the campsite we went to in 2010 and 2011. Can't wit!

      Delete
  6. Alice Munro is definitely an impressive writer.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Having the choice to do or not do... that's a luxury :) Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like a lovely start to the hols x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Getting to prepare for a trip sounds like a very good way to spend the morning! Envious!
    Chic on the Cheap

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great start to the hols! i haven't heard of Monro but I shall keep my eyes peeled in charity shops. x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Jane I had a look on the UCD library for alice munro and there are so many books - found one entitled Short stories 'Carried away' with an intro by Margaret Attwood - perhaps not the one you were reading but probably a good one to start with ?

    Hope you dont mind me asking..........
    Marie

    ReplyDelete

First 24 Hours in India

  Ten years after qualifying as a yoga teacher I finally realised a dream - to travel to the birthplace of yoga. I have been planning this t...