Monday 19 October 2009

Just Another Manic Monday



I was leading a PR Workshop for women who have just set up their own businesses today.
There was a fascinating group of people including two women who make clothes and accessories out of recycled products and fabric.
Normally I work from home on a Monday which gives me the chance to sort myself out after a busy weekend.
Not so this week and it looks even busier as each day passes.
I am posting a picture here of what I wore on Saturday night when we had a lovely dinner at my friend's home.
The black dress is a Karen Millen dress which I won on eBay.
Please bear with me and I will respond to all comments as soon as I can but for now I've got dinner to cook, homework to check, baths to run and bedtime stories to read before I can relax.
I think I will read Dogger tonight by Shirley Hughes.
My son loves it no matter how many times I read it - and I love it too.
What's your favourite bedtime story (yours or your child's)?

Today I wore:
Dress - Next
Long sleeved top - LK Bennett
Tights - TK Maxx
Shoes Clarks.

13 comments:

  1. Wow you look amazing, that black dress is fab with those tights!
    Very pretty :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The black dress is beautiful, love the flower (pin?). I also love your Monday look- something different, a little more laid-back but really nice. Love a pop of color!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that black dress... you look so sleek and really fab.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a gorgeous dress and looks absolutely DYNAMITE on you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The black dress is fab on you.
    I love Dogger too, it's my favourite along with Alfie and Mog plus Peace at Last!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great Karen Millen dress.

    We love Dogger here too, other faves are Guess How Much I Love You, and The Hungry Caterpiller.

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG! I luv the Karen Millen dress it's GORGEOUS!
    You look FABULOUS!!!:))
    xoxox,
    Gerri

    ReplyDelete
  8. You look super amazing in the black number....wowwwyy..as for favorite bedtime story...I'm quite old for one...but I do remember loving the bed time stories my mom used to make up on her own. When I was a little girl, I had these picture frames of cats on my wall - there was momma cat, the nerdy baby cat, the rebel cat, the musical cat, and the girl cat. Well, she used to create bed time stories around those figures. I would just lay there in complete heaven as I imagined the cats on my walls taking on a life of their very own:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. hank you all so much for the comments.
    Penny - what a clever Mom.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi there-lovely dresses and hope you have a great Tuesday my dear!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your grey dress with the tights looks great and you look quite sophisticated in the black.

    The Winnie the Pooh books are the ones I remember as favorites when my girls were small.

    Darla

    ReplyDelete
  12. Black dress is gorgeous! Both Zoe and I love The Velveteen Rabbit - brings tears everytime. We keep it in our special box of Christmas books and enjoy snuggling up in bed with it. Have a great week Hx

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the dress! The PR workshop sounds like such a neat thing to do, and I'm sure you were a wonderful leader.

    I used to make my parents read the same books over and over when I was little. Eventually I memorized them. (This was before I learned how to read.)

    I remember The Owl and the Pussycat and Goodnight Moon being favorite bedtime stories, though I'm sure there are many, many more.

    ReplyDelete

First 24 Hours in India

  Ten years after qualifying as a yoga teacher I finally realised a dream - to travel to the birthplace of yoga. I have been planning this t...