Monday 12 October 2009

Cast Off And Dye


It is a busy week in the prison this week as I have two poets visiting to give readings.
Today was the turn of a poet called Liam Brayd who performed a selection of poems including one about King King and another about a blind man who cycled while his pet dog barked directions from the basket.
Of course you had to be there.
Or rather most of you are probably glad you weren't.
Either way it was a welcome break in the routine.
I had a lot of running around to do along with shifting chairs and tables which meant a pared down easy outfit.
The t-shirt is a cast-off from a neighbour although it came with the labels on and the jeans are the result of my weekend handiwork.
I decided these Gap jeans were looking a little tired so decided to dye them black.


I am very pleased with the results.

I wore:
Shoes- Clarks
Jeans - Gap
T- shirt - Primark
Cardigan - Tesco
Corsage - M & Co
Necklace - Principles

16 comments:

  1. You my dear have an eye for the divine. I will follow with interest and appreciation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your outfit!!! What a gorgeous rose and the idea of dyeing the jeans was great.

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. That rose detail is outstanding !

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't help but smile since we both have "dye" in our post title. I love what you did to your Gap pants. I love the darker shade.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well dyed!
    And....I got the parcel today. Brilliant!
    Perfect necklace, wore it all day and the scarf is on my bag as it is such lovely colours. It is the perfect summer scarf. It works every which way looks great round my head.

    Thank you so much
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. great idea, dying the jeans, must try that with some of mine.
    I love that corsage, I just bought a bright red one from Sainsburys. Haven't had a clue how to wear it yet so this gives me great inspiration!
    Lovely outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You did a great job with the jeans.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great dye job! Do you need to wash them separate from now on? Wondering if the dye still runs after.

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW! What a Fabulous to dye for Pair of jeans!!!
    If I tried this it would have been a TOTAL MESS!!!:))
    xoxo,
    Gerri

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your cardigan and floral pin! I'm also curious to know how your dye holds up over time - does it run at all in the wash? Did you have to set it in anything in particular to hold the color? Either way, looks like the dye job worked wonderfully.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for the comments and welcome to The Romantic Query letter.
    I have dyed things before and they seem to stay. I wash dark colours with other dark colurs ratehr than separately. I used the Dylon Machine Wash dye and the only thing you add is salt to seal the colour.
    Make Do Style - I am so glad you liek the gifts. Well done for taking part.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi there-the jeans came out perfectly, this is such a lovely autumnal outfit!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a great rescue for the jeans.

    Darla

    ReplyDelete
  14. Zoe and I love to dye our clothes. Sometimes because they look a bit tired or sometimes because they just don't work with the rest of our wardrobe. We've even dyed shoes - it's great fun. You look fab, love the corsage!
    love Heather xxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. awesome refashioning! ;) I should do this with jeans (if I could ever stay in the same pair long enough to wear them out lol).

    You look great! :D

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a great idea! I love the way the jeans look afterward.

    ReplyDelete

First 24 Hours in India

  Ten years after qualifying as a yoga teacher I finally realised a dream - to travel to the birthplace of yoga. I have been planning this t...