Thursday 22 October 2009

Back To Where I Once Belonged


I am working on an exciting new project today.
It's called Inside Out and I will be leading three workshops with young people to help engage them with the library service.
The aim is to produce life stories in flash (very short) form which will be illuminated across the exterior of the building at night.
I will be working in Skelmersdale - a New Town in the North of England - that is very close to my heart.
I was Chief Reporter of the Skelmersdale Advertiser between 1990 and 1992 until I left to join The Liverpool Echo.
I have only been back a handful of times since and today will be the first time for about eight years.
Some of the work will be done indoors but part of it will be outside so I need to be warm and layered for all weathers.
This Joe Brown wrap has been a fantastic find. The colour always brightens up an outfit and the drape is very flattering.
I wore:
Shoes - Clarks
Jeans - Gap
Polo - Primark
Wrap - Joe Brown
Necklace - Principles

16 comments:

  1. Sounds like it will be SUCH a rewarding project!

    ReplyDelete
  2. awesome! have fun with the project :D

    as always, love the color blue. I love how you went gray and navy with a pop of red for the rest of the outfit :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That wrap is amazing and so is that necklace!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE that sweater! I did a quick google search and couldn't find it. Is this it? http://www.joebrowns.co.uk/sp+99-Knit+LK088

    thanks!

    http://lawschoolfashionista.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. The wrap is gorgeous -- so elegant! Good luck with the new project!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That wrap is so gorgeous. The color is perfect and the cut is so flattering! The new project sounds fascinating.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope you have a great time, a very cosy chic outfit choice too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love that blue wrap... love the way it flatters the figure.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good luck with the project, sounds interesting.

    Love that necklace and the blue wrap is great, sleek.

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great colour on you and it is a genius wrap plus what a great project.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love teaching young people! I co-taught a writing workshop last summer in LA for teen girls and it was a blast. That blue top, by the way, is STUNNING on you--the perfect color and perfect on your figure!

    xx
    Julia

    ReplyDelete
  12. That blue wrap is amazing. The color and the fit are marvelous... you shine!
    Good luck with the project !

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, what an amazing colour for you! I love that wrap on you.

    That sounds like a great project.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great wrap and you wear it well. The project sounds exciting. I have a question tho, what is a New Town? Is it what we call a suburb here in the US?

    Darla

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love the wrap. I would love to see pictures of how you styled it. I guess I should experiment with mine. It is very flattering. :) You look great.

    ReplyDelete

First 24 Hours in India

  Ten years after qualifying as a yoga teacher I finally realised a dream - to travel to the birthplace of yoga. I have been planning this t...