Tuesday 6 October 2009

The Little Black Day Dress























The Little Black Dress or Little Black Day Dress has come out of the closet after its summer hibernation.
This dress is from New Look and featured heavily in my wardrobe last year.
Black is a tricky colour for me.
Unless I add lots of colour I end up looking like a walking corpse.
I have a sallow complexion which tans easily in the summer but reverts to a jaundiced hue throughout the winter.
I acquired this cardigan from the Karen Millen sale in 2005 for £29.95.
Originally it had a fringing around the mid-seam but I felt like a line dancer when I wore it so last year I snipped it off and I am pleased with the results.
These boots are fast becoming my favourite.
I think the grey works so much better than the black.
Boots - Clarks
Dress - New Look
Cardigan - Karen Millen
Necklace - Cambrils Market, Spain

19 comments:

  1. The cardi works much better minus the fringing - who was the cowboy designer hey!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everyone needs a basic black dress. You've brightened up this one nicely.

    Darla

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great adding color to black...
    Fun cardigan also, and I am getting eager to wear my boots also!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I absoultely adore this outfit! What a great way to inject color too....and let me not even get started on those boots:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the cardigan with the dress! Great look!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those are some great boots!!
    -jenloveskev.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the color and style of the cardigan, and those boots are fantastic!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love how you converted the black dress into a day wear by adding that super fabulous cardigan.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi there-thats a perfect LBD for day and you're accessories are just perfect, love the cardi too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi there-thats a lovely LBD for day wear, the cardi is perfect and I love the accessories too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love all the colors in the cardi!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love that outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  13. The cardigan is very pretty and makes the black dress work.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is a stunning look on you. It really shows off your petite figure. And the cardi is such fun. hugs Heather xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the cardi; well done for having the courage to trim off the fringe!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm starting to make gray become "my new black", too. I wear it much more often now, though as a redhead I have less trouble wearing black than I did when I was blonde.

    I love the cardigan! The colors and print are very fun. Great job having the courage to alter it.

    ReplyDelete
  17. way to spice up a basic lbd! love the cardigan and boots! fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  18. LOVE that cardigan! The grey boots and the black dress are a great complement to it; they stand up on their own but they also let the cardigan shine.

    ReplyDelete

First 24 Hours in India

  Ten years after qualifying as a yoga teacher I finally realised a dream - to travel to the birthplace of yoga. I have been planning this t...