Friday 4 February 2022

All My Pretty Girls Love To Crochet


 In August we enjoyed a lovely trip to Cheltenham with our great friends, Sara and Niall.

While the boys were watching Liverpool play, Sara and I went shopping.

I had never seen an Anthropologie shop before although I had bought some stuff from ebay.

It was so exciting to get in and mooch around, but not so exciting to see the price tags.

I fell in love with this cardigan but the price tag was over £100.

"You could easily make one like that," said Sara.

Challenge accecpted.

And when I came home I ordered some of my favourite colours and started on some squares.



I had no pattern but looking at the photo I realised the caridgan was a set of 52 squares.




And I just kept going.

Last weekend I finally finished it and watched a youtube tutorial to discover a way to edge it neatly.



I've worn it twice this week and just love it.



I have already started making one for my daughter in law and a mini one for my grandaughter.

And if you are wondering where the title of this post came from, take a listen to this song!


9 comments:

  1. Hello Jane, your crochet cardigan is amazing!!!!! I have had my eye on them on eBay - but they never come cheap. How incredible that you were able to make one. This has got to be the year of crochet. I have granny blankets that need fixing. I often find my eldest daughter curled up in one, reading a book. Very cute that you are making a mini one for your granddaughter. Lulu xXx

    p.s. I also enjoyed the bad ass crochet song ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. well done! looks as good as the Anthropologie one, I have never been inside one of their shops either, their stuff rarely pops up on EBay.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely love it, you clever thing! You've inspired me to stock up on wool and have a crack at something similar myself! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Vix. I look forward to seeing your project X

      Delete
  4. Hello, the squares took me way back in time. My dear old grandmother used to produce these in great quantities - though I was never sure what she actully did with them. She lived to 103 so not a bad talent to have.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks absolutely amazing on you- I adore the colours! I follow a Crochet seller on INsta and she has been making patterns for one of these and I am not surprised the one you saw cost £100 considering how many hours of handmade work it takes- it would have to be in order to pay garment workers even a slightly fair price. Clever you to have the skills to do it yourself. How many hours did it take?x

    ReplyDelete

First 24 Hours in India

  Ten years after qualifying as a yoga teacher I finally realised a dream - to travel to the birthplace of yoga. I have been planning this t...