Tuesday 17 July 2012

Postcards From The Edge


I may be smiling on the picture but in the next room three of my children were doing their best to annoy a sibling.
And that was before they had left for school.
The summer holidays haven't even started for them yet and already I feel like I am teetering on the edge.

The three youngest are 12, 15 and 17.
It was so much easier when they were 2, 5 and 7.

I rarely see the eldest now as he is either working to fund his Ibiza holiday or camping out at his girlfriend's home.

Still I can calm myself with some meditation and think about the calm and peaceful lunch I had last week with Jenn.
Today she should have got her Thank You postcard.

I was going to send her a card when notsupermum told me I had won her giveaway from Cards In The Post, to create and send 6 postcards to anywhere in the world.

I still have 5 to go and would love to spread some peace across the world to my fellow bloggers.

You can load your own pictures and I plan to take some photographs of my local town to share.
If you would like me to send you a postcard please email me (thesmallfabric@gmail.com) before the end of the week and I will send them on a first come, first served basis.

If you want to send your own just add the voucher code EA9021 at the checkout to get 20% off.

PostScript: I was saddened today to hear the news about Stephen Covey's passing. When life has got on top of me, his book, "The 7 Habits of Highly Effective Families" reminded me of the importance of "putting first things first" and investing in family first.
As the summer holidays approach I will be diggiing out that book to remind me.
Sad to hear about his death but uplifted to hear that he died surrounded by his family after leaving behind a legacy of love and hope.

His books have been a great help to me.





I wore:
Shoes - Clarks (31)
Jeans - Zara (15)
Peplum Top- Matalan (3)

5 comments:

  1. hope you survive the summer hols!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My friend's been off for a week already. She teaches in a private school and they don't go back until the second week in September! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two of my three sons are adults now (29, 22 and 7) and the older two antagonized one another without mercy when they were adolescents. I should say the older one picked on the younger. They are best friends now!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have one in Ibiza at the moment, such a worry even though she went last year as well. I love it when the kids are off but then my girls are much older and only Charlie is young so I no longer experience what you did this morning, it is more about the girls snapping my head off to be honest, so moody!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Covey's books have been a help to me as well. Here's hoping that things calm down as the summer progresses...you look better than the confusion in the next room might indicate. I think this dotted top is my favorite piece of all the new things you purchased recently.

    ReplyDelete

First 24 Hours in India

  Ten years after qualifying as a yoga teacher I finally realised a dream - to travel to the birthplace of yoga. I have been planning this t...