Monday 15 October 2012

My Top 10 Style Rules

(10) Boots - Clarks
(26) Black Jeggings - Marks and Spencer
(21) Animal Print Shirt - Marks and Spencer
(13) Red Cardigan - Tesco
 
I had a look through some of my favourite Autumn/Winter outfits of the past few years and realised that I don't tend to wear a belt that much anymore.
So today's outfit was inspired by a desire to wear a belt.
 
 
 
I decided to make a collage to see if my favourite looks had a theme.
I realised that there were several aspects of styles that appealed to me and suited my shape.
 
1. Primary colours (especially red)
2. Colours near my face, black on my bottom half.
3. Straight leg trousers.
4. Knee length skirts
5. Boots
6. Scarves
7. Spots
8. Stripes
9. Belts
10. Animal Prints

9 comments:

  1. What a great collage. There's nothing like blogging for identifying your look, is there? I rarely wear belts, I love them on others but unless they are hipster ones I feel uncomfortable and constricted. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my God, what a coincidence! I tidied up my belts today and was thinking the same thing! It made me realise how much the blogosphere affects my style - not many of my favourite bloggers have recently been sporting the belted look that was so popular only a few months ago. Plus the weight that I've recently gained around my middle makes belts less flattering. I did resolve to use them more often though.

    I don't know if this has anything to do with being petite, but your rules exactly match mine!


    GG, Lincoln

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look so svelte! I enjoyed your collage too and indeed you do wear red well ... and belts, yes to the belts.

    Darla

    ReplyDelete
  4. Red and black really suit you, and that's a very nice belt! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a neat collage. I especially like the belted animal print top and jeans look in your collage. Red is definitely your color!

    ReplyDelete
  6. red is a really great color on you, and I love all the leopard print!
    Chic on the Cheap

    ReplyDelete
  7. Loving all the looks. I think most of us have neglected the belted look for a while. Dig them out for winter I say.

    X x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like a belt too. The collage is great and really identifies that wearing red makes you light up! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sadly I can't do belts being an apple shape, they do nothing for me!

    ReplyDelete

First 24 Hours in India

  Ten years after qualifying as a yoga teacher I finally realised a dream - to travel to the birthplace of yoga. I have been planning this t...