Friday 16 December 2022

Plaid Friday

 

According to the news, today is Mad Friday.

But I have decided for me it's going to be Plaid Friday.

I love this red Zara dress that I picked up from Vinted last year.

I adore the pattern, the colour and crucially, the fact that you can fit four layers underneath too.



It was another chilly start this morning but I was out and about meeting up with friends after finishing teaching for the year yesterday.

First, I met my friend Pauline for a chat before driving off to my alma mater, Edge Hill University.
My friend Lisa works there now and we met up for a coffee on the campus which is a beautiful setting especially on a frosty morning.
I first visited Edge Hill University in 1973 when my mum's cousin was studying teaching there.
In 2010 I enrolled as a student for a year when I studied for my own teaching certificate - a PGCE English.
While I hated most of my teaching placements, I loved being on campus.
I thoroughly enjoyed the visit today.
It was a lovely atmosphere as it was the students' last day before the Christmas break.
I remember saying to a friend once that what I loved about working in education was the rhythms of the year.
She rather cynically replied 'you just love the holidays.'



After a coffee and catch up we strolled around the campus.
I can't believe it is 11 years since I was a student here.
I hope it's not too long until I return again.



Back home now and I am going to curl up on the sofa with a couple of dogs, a hot vimto and my (sort of) campus  based novel, Ghosted.

Have a lovely weekend.


Boots - New Look
Dress - Zara via Vinted


1 comment:

  1. Gah! Mad Friday, when Walsall becomes a war zone after dark. There's already sirens going off.
    That tartan dress looks wonderful on you, I'm glad you mentioned the four layers you'd got underneath it, it's brutal out there! xxx

    ReplyDelete

First 24 Hours in India

  Ten years after qualifying as a yoga teacher I finally realised a dream - to travel to the birthplace of yoga. I have been planning this t...