Thursday 23 December 2021

Coming Home to my First Love for Christmas

 

I'm coming home for Christmas.

Back to this blog where my online style journal began.

For the past year I have been playing away on Instagram - that fickle friend - where just a click of the fingers can upload a photo and post in next to no time.



I have met some lovely people but missed the time and space this blog gives me to ruminate and remember.

In my defence, time has been short and I wanted to photograph myself for a year to see where my style is heading.



Its interesting that the outfits that I enjoyed wearing the most and what I like to see myself wearing were not the most popular.

Far from it.



But here is a collection of my personal favourites.



I will still keep the Instagram account but I want to pledge to post at least once a week here next year.



If you got this far, Happy Christmas and if y ou are reading this in 20 years time Jane - I hope you enjoy your memories.



Happy Christmas.

Jane X

6 comments:

  1. Happy Christmas, look forward to your posts in 2022 I think blogland is a nice slow pace where we have a lot more fun than the fast pace of Instagram!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A fabulous selection of outfits, Jane!
    I went over to the dark side (Instagram) a few years ago. Exciting though it was to have hundreds of people liking my photos it felt meaningless and empty and I haven't been near it for 18 months.
    I love the community of blogging far more. Welcome back!
    Wishing youand yours a very happy Xmas! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Christmas and here's to a great 2022 Jane. Instagram (and Facebook) make my eyes go funny! I too, like Betty, enjoy the slow pace of Blogland. I look forward to seeing more of you on here in the new year. Lulu xXx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And I look forward to seeing more of you too Lulu. Happy New Year. x

      Delete

First 24 Hours in India

  Ten years after qualifying as a yoga teacher I finally realised a dream - to travel to the birthplace of yoga. I have been planning this t...