Sunday 8 September 2013

He's Leaving Home





What to wear to take your son to university?

Jeans and a t-shirt were always the easy option for me at Bangor University 1985-1988.
 
 


Joe is a little camera shy.


This is about as close a close-up as he was prepared to offer.


I was the first person in my family to go to university.

Now I know what feelings those parents were hiding way back in September 1985 when they dropped me off at university.
Dad was a couple of years older than I am now and mum 5 years younger.
Why has it taken nearly 30 years for me to understand?

 
1. Jeans - Gap (swapped my Martha Jeans for these)
12. tartan Top - Asos
Shoes - Clarks

5 comments:

  1. Ah - this brought tears to my eyes. Hope he has a wonderful time. Loved the pic of you with your parents. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my. Its hard to let them go, isn't it?
    I've been missing from blogging in the past few months due to work...but I have been keeping up with reading my favorite blogs...including yours. You always look great.

    Hang in there; your college boy will be back to visit in no time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I think your choice of wear was perfect. You look so good, maybe he could have dropped you off :)
    Where i live most people go to the university close to home so nobody has to move out... i guess it's difficult but then again it's part of the steps in growing up. I think he will be fine :) you've done a great job.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My girls are camera shy when I am taking a picture of them! But they let their friends take their picture! I hope Joe settles in well :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. It was a very tearful day when my middle daughter started Uni almost 4 years ago now. I rang her nearly every day for months, I am such a worry guts. But the three years flew by and before I knew it she was back at home although I still think she finds it hard to adjust, she ended up loving everything about University life, so it's hard to come back home. I'm sure your son will thrive and make you proud, off a boy, home a man xx

    ReplyDelete

First 24 Hours in India

  Ten years after qualifying as a yoga teacher I finally realised a dream - to travel to the birthplace of yoga. I have been planning this t...