Thursday 2 February 2012

Wednesday: A Work In Progress AKA The Liverpool Look

If you ever come to Liverpool do not be surprised by seeing ladies getting ready for a big night out early in the day.
It is not unusual to see scores of young (and not so young) ladies walking around the city's streets sporting their rollers.
It is a kind of work in progress.
Almost a badge of honour.
Thankfully it has updated the last Liverpool trend of supermarket shopping in jim jams.
So far I haven't seen anyone combining both trends yet but there's always a first time for everything.

I wore:
Boots - Dorothy Perkins
Skirt - TK Maxx
Sweater - Next

7 comments:

  1. This made me smile. When I was a girl, I often saw women in rollers. Nowadays, it is so rare in my area, that it is truly remarkable. BTW, I mentioned the capsule challenge on Rags.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Terri.
    They do say things go round in cycles!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You hair is really growing fast, Jane! Looks good. I know that Liverpudian ladies are always very trendy. I had a group of young ones sitting next to me at the Coldplay's concert last December and they were spotless. You would have thought they were attending a red carpet event and not a pop concert! HUUUGE heels! Thanks for the invite to take part to your capsule event, unfortunately I will be in Itaky that week (snow permitting!) and also I'm not really the trendiest person lately! Ciao. A.x

    ReplyDelete
  4. There were loads of Liverpool girls are Glasto last year in curlers. It did make me smile. I wonder why it's only a Liverpool thing? x

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have got to be kidding me Jane ?!?!
    I admit to criticize the roller outside the home look. For me , if you are in rollers in because you want to look good. Going out like this is the opposite.
    And this is equal to going out with depilatory cream on your upper lip !
    I've always thought women with rollers look like UFOS :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh goodness, rollers in public are back? You see almost anything these days in some of our big box stores. Things I'd be ashamed to be caught wearing if I had to answer the door at my own home.

    Darla

    ReplyDelete

First 24 Hours in India

  Ten years after qualifying as a yoga teacher I finally realised a dream - to travel to the birthplace of yoga. I have been planning this t...