Saturday 4 February 2012

Winter City Break Capsule

Next Saturday is our 23rd Wedding Anniversary and my husband and I are off to London for two nights.
We are going to see James Corden in the sell-out One Man Two Guvnors, enjoy an evening tour of London and a partake of a champagne afternoon tea.
I was determined not to buy anything new as I am on an economy drive.
I have spent some time thinking about what I can wear.

I have whittled it down to:
1 black skirt - Gap
Red Cord Dress which can be worn as a skirt - H & M
Red patterned top - Primark
Black long sleeve top - H & M
Black Polo - Next
Selection of gold and silver jewellery
Red scarf - Marks & Spencer
Faux leopardskin scarf - Tesco
1 hat - Asos
1 pair of leather gloves - Primark
1 massive black velvet coat which I bought in 1995 - Four Seasons
1 pair of flat boots - Clarks
1 pair of black ankle boots- Clarks
1 pair of black tights
1 pair of black lacy tights
1 pair of red tights
Selection of underwear (not pictured)

I will probably travel down in the red dress and polo neck and flat boots and wear the black skirt and patterned top to the theatre.
All of the items will not be creased and can be washed and dried on a radiator if needed and won't need an iron.
I am hoping layers will keep out the cold and my big warm coat will do the rest.

This is all very good practice for The 2012 Capsule Wardrobe Challenge.
Don't forget to sign up in the comments box.

6 comments:

  1. Love your choices, have a super time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a lot of black and red! I approve!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, if I were you, I would take it all. this collection just looks so very French!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a great collection, it looks very stylish, and the red and leopard print add a bit of wow to the black theme!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have a really well edited collection. Black and red is great for this time of year. Have a wonderful weekend.

    Darla

    ReplyDelete
  6. A beautiful collection, you will be looking fabulous at all times! Have fun. x

    ReplyDelete

First 24 Hours in India

  Ten years after qualifying as a yoga teacher I finally realised a dream - to travel to the birthplace of yoga. I have been planning this t...