Monday 21 September 2009

The Second Annual Capsule Wardrobe Challenge

Welcome to the second annual capsule wardrobe Challenge.
The rules are simple.
Choose ten items of clothing from your wardrobe and mix and match them for five days between Monday September 28th and Friday October 2nd.
You can have any combination of shoes, dresses, skirts, tops and jackets as long as it adds up to ten individual items.
You are also allowed five accessories which include jewellery, scarves,bag, belts etc.
Underwear and hosiery do not come under the ten items and five accessories!
As it’s only autumn in the Northern hemisphere your are not permitted an extra coat.
If you want to wear a coat this must come out of your ten items.
If you are in the Southern Hemisphere then – Happy Days!
If you are joining the challenge please blog about it and if you want to appear in my Capsule Wardrobe Challenge round-up the following week then please email your pics to workthatwardrobe@googlemail.com
For some tips and inspiration on how to take part in the Challenge then check out Kasmira’s post from last year here.
And although there are considerably more than 10 items and five accessories here Gok Wan's ideas for capsule wardrobe styling are helpful.
And finally, I will award a prize for the most creative participant in the 2009 Annual Capsule Wardrobe Challenge.
There is now just one week to go.
Happy (Closet) Shopping.

16 comments:

  1. I am going for it. But no way will I win the challenge/prize :( I really have such a basic wardrobe, and am just beginning to learn things... I am so busy planning though! this is so much fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am soo exited !!! Yay! Today I will start planning for next week...

    ReplyDelete
  3. BTW... thank you for adding my to your bloglist (I just noticed)
    :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm going to start planning.
    I feel anxious for some reason...? how strange.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG! This seems like sooo much FUN!!!:)
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh, this certainly sounds like a challenge!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm not sure how creative I'll be, but I'd love to play! This *will* be hard...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Already really excited :) Will soon start to plan what to wear.
    I also recruited a friend to do this together with me. I hope she'll really join, would be even more fun.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for the link love! I had an awesome time last year and am looking forward to giving it another go this year.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am in also! The challenge was so much fun last year - I have been planning since you first mentioned it a week ago. Ooh, and a prize? I hope it's sparkly. :-P

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi, Hi can you tell me if the 5 accessories include watch and wedding band ? (i'm new at this) Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  12. OMG... this is next week !
    Yay! I have a lot of planning to do ... :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I just heard about this so I'll be starting today the 29th and ending on the 3rd. Am I still eligible for the challenge? This should be fun!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I just found out about this as well! If I start tomorrow 9/30 and end 10/4, can I still be eligible for the challenge?

    http://lawschoolfashionista.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh no! I'm too late! Drats. I guess using my pics from last year's capsule would be cheating, huh.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I just heard about this so I'll be starting today the 29th and ending on the 3rd. Am I still eligible for the challenge? This should be fun!

    ReplyDelete

First 24 Hours in India

  Ten years after qualifying as a yoga teacher I finally realised a dream - to travel to the birthplace of yoga. I have been planning this t...