Saturday 1 August 2009

The Mums And Kids Walking Club


I mentioned a few months ago in my previous blog (workthatwardrobe) that I often join my friends and take the kids on a walking trip.
This week we decided to go one step further and make a few days of it.
There were 12 of us - me and 3 friends and 8 children.
We started off with a walk around the Ingleton Falls Trail in North Yorkshire before staying over in a youth hostel.
The next day we explored White Scar Caves before making a detour to Kirkby Lonsdale and home.
Although it was July it rained most of the time and we got wet. very wet.
But that did not dampen our spirits and we hope the children will talk about these trips in years to come.
Today my legs are very sore as the 4 mile walk was mainly uphill and we did a lot of walking around the village too.
We are already plannng our next hike for October but meanwhile I am preparing myself for two weeks in sunny Barcelona.

4 comments:

  1. That sounds like so much fun! One of our vacation trips was to the Polar Caves climbing in a out of all those crevices, some that the kids could slip through and we couldn't. Great idea to get together as a group!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds like so much fun! One of our vacation trips was to the Polar Caves climbing inside a from those crevices, some that the kids could slip through and that we couldn't. Good idea to obtain together like a group!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That seems like a lot fun! One of our vacation trips ended up being to the Polar Caves climbing inside a out of those crevices, some how the kids could slip through and we couldn't. Great idea to get together as a group!

    ReplyDelete

First 24 Hours in India

  Ten years after qualifying as a yoga teacher I finally realised a dream - to travel to the birthplace of yoga. I have been planning this t...