Tuesday 25 August 2009

Five Dresses



As much as I would have liked to pack 14 dresses for the forntight I decided to limit it to five.
One of them you have already seen - the little white dress.
But with a colour theme of red, white and black I picked out my favourites including the versatile American Apparel Dress which I wore four different ways.
1. This DVF dress was acquired on eBay in 2005 and is made out of silk. I have worn it around three times a year since and I love the colour and the fit.
2. This was a last-minute buy from Oasis on the day before we flew out. It was reduced from £50 to £10 and I love the blue and white stripe, the origami style front and the halter neck.
3. The American Apparel Dress - what can I say £28 for 15 dresses!
4. My Holiday Hero or shoudl that be heroine - Joe Browns dress.
5. My annual holiday indulgence - this £6 red polka dot dress from Primark which I bought in 2007 and is still (against the odds) going strong.

15 comments:

  1. Fantastic! It also proves that you can look a million dollars without spending a fortune. Hx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there-perfect summer dresses, red is lovely on you too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I must say, you look great in all of those dresses. Perfect example of how to spend money wisely!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome back! I got the DVF dress in the mail and it is GORGEOUS and fits perfectly! Thank you sooo much! I just need to do a little mending and then I'll be flaunting it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. dress #2 is my favorite! very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've been enjoying all your holiday photos. It's so great to see you looking so happy and relaxed, and I sense that you got to spend a lot of time just lounging in a swimsuit in or near the water. That's what it was like when we were in Jamaica. I ended up packing more outfits than I needed, because except for at breakfast and dinnertime, we weren't wearing much. Best vacation ever!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great to see you back, and looking as wonderful as ever! I love the ease of dresses, and with traveling, they make you still feel pretty as well as being so comfortable.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You wear dresses very well. I never seem to get dresses right, not sure where I go wrong though. Glad you had a nice relaxing holiday, welcome back.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great dresses! I love dresses in summer... so comfy.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I find so interesting this kind of posts.Somehow I had missed that you ha decided on a color theme of red, but you chose wonderfully.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous dresses! Red is so stunning on you :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow! I solely agree with Sharon Rose, Red is Gorgeous on YOU! Check out my post because I have an AWARD for YOU!:)

    ReplyDelete
  13. These are such perfect dresses for Barcelona! You look gorgeous in all of them. Welcome back!

    ReplyDelete

First 24 Hours in India

  Ten years after qualifying as a yoga teacher I finally realised a dream - to travel to the birthplace of yoga. I have been planning this t...