Thursday 3 June 2010

Thrifty Ways


I bought this skirt in a charity shop a few weeks ago.
It cost 99p and it was the day I bumped into Kiki again.
I first met Kiki on International Women's Day and I was so inspired by her joie de vivre and talent.
A former social worker Kiki now spends her time making designer bags from recycled materials, volunteering for Oxfam and looking after her grandson.
I have commissioned Kiki to make a bag from my favourite skirt and just look what she has planned.
I can't wait to show it off.

Today I wore:
Shoes - Fitflop
Skirt - Oxfam ( H & M)
Vest - Gap
Necklace - Monsoon

5 comments:

  1. I can't wait to see the final product!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute skirt, I'd like to see the top tucked in. Could you wear it that way next time? (I'll wait!)

    Darla

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so kind and inspiring - I feel very anxious now that my bag can satisfy all these expectations.

    Just as a little taster to hopefully intrigue you, I have used the skirt zip and the gathered skirt top to make a matching corsage.

    You will have seen that I made a start on my blog to describe the whole process of making your bag.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tucked in and with a belt, I'll wait for it, too!
    I love you haircut.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How are you going with your Fitflops? I can't see mine doing anything for my backside!

    ReplyDelete

First 24 Hours in India

  Ten years after qualifying as a yoga teacher I finally realised a dream - to travel to the birthplace of yoga. I have been planning this t...