Thursday 30 August 2012

Going To The Max


I have been keeping this brown maxi skirt in my wardrobe ever since I picked it up in the Gap sale with 70% off.
I thought it would be perfect for the autumn and decided that as the weather is so awful autumn has come early.
My very unscientific poll from yesterday's blog reveals autumn or Fall (which I prefer to call it but would be considered a bit of a wally if I used it in the UK) comes out as tops.
When I consider it more carefully I suppose I do like autumn clothes best whilst not being too keen on the actual days.
I know we can get some lovely weather in autumn but it is the loss of light and the impending winter which crushes my spirits.
Although I have to say my spirits begin to rise again around December 21st when the nights and mornings get marginally lighter and Christmas is on the way.
By January I feel we are in the home stretch to spring and February is my wedding anniversary, birthday and Valentine's Day.
 
I wore:
Boots - Clarks
Skirt - Gap
Top - George
Necklace - Wallis




6 comments:

  1. I'm not usually a big fan of maxi's - sold my dress on e.bay as I felt it aged me straight away! But this is lovely on you! A great line and the waistband makes it - great buy again. Looking fab. X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well you know what I am going to say! That maxi is the perfect piece for autumn, you look lovely. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a gorgeous skirt, perfect with the Breton top! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great skirt and perfect with the Breton. I prefer summer clothes, so easy to just throw on a dress and look fab!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great look. A reminder that I need to see what has been hiding all summer in the back of my closet.

    Darla

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks great with that striped top - a reminded that the weather is cooling...bet it will be lovely with flat boots during the winter too! Avril x

    ReplyDelete

First 24 Hours in India

  Ten years after qualifying as a yoga teacher I finally realised a dream - to travel to the birthplace of yoga. I have been planning this t...