Wednesday 12 June 2013

Sweet Sixteen

 
This little tinker will be 16 today.
This is my favourite photo from her childhood days.
You can see the glint in her eye and the cheeky determined smile.
Briony Jane was born at home on Thursday June 12th 1997 at 6.20pm weighing 6 pounds 2 ounces.
I remember it had been a drizzly sort of day and then after she was born the sun came out.
A neighbour had picked Sam and Joe up from school and given them their tea.
They arrived home when their little sister was less than an hour old.
I celebrated by tucking up in bed with a bowl of Frosties and ice cold milk and my new baby at my side.
It was magical.
 

11 comments:

  1. What a sweetie! And as you say, magical memories. cx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my, I just want to scoop her up and hug her. Amazing how the time flies isn't it?

    Darla

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely picture, she was a cheeky chops. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. She was so sweet. She still is, happy birthday for both of you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww this is such a cute picture, what a beautiful little girl :)
    Happy birthday to her.

    ReplyDelete
  6. adorable mini version of her lovely mum!

    happy birthday, briony!

    memories to cherish for sure:-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy birthday to your beautiful girl!

    ReplyDelete
  8. what a sweet photo. happy birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Bless her, that is an adorable photo. I do hope she had an amazing day. They grow up so fast.

    X x

    ReplyDelete

First 24 Hours in India

  Ten years after qualifying as a yoga teacher I finally realised a dream - to travel to the birthplace of yoga. I have been planning this t...