Friday 21 March 2014

Why I Wear Make Up


Whatever your views on the viral  #nomakeupselfie trend which has raised over £1,000,000 for Cancer Research in the past few weeks  I have to say there is a very good reason why I wear make-up: it makes me look and feel better.


OK so it takes me five minutes to slap on my slap and I am sure if I had more time I could end up looking more like my daughter than my younger sister, but at 48 the make-up certainly does help shed a few wrinkles, brighten up my complexion and add a spring in my step.

My face wore:
Bare Minerals Medium Foundation
Bare Minerals Warmth
Bare Minerals 7pm Eye Liner
Bare Minerals Flawless Mascara
Bare Minerals 'The Promise' Eyeshadow Duo
Bourjois Light Beige Matt Finish Powder
Nars South Beach Multi Stick on Cheeks and Lips

What do you think?

10 comments:

  1. You are lovely to begin with but the makeup does seem to brighten your face. Make up works for me but I have to admit I rarely take the time to use it. Maybe I should make more effort.

    Darla

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally agree it makes me feel so much better and more confident.
    You look stunning without it though.......jealous :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. As long as you feel happier and confident that's all that matters. I don't see much difference at all, you look equally as good with or without! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. My eldest wears all the Bare Minerals stuff. Lovely natural look you've achieved. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look nice with the make up and without. But I know what you mean. I think I need at least mascara and kajal otherwise I don't feel "dressed". Your make-up looks natural and not overdone, it's perfect.
    Sabine xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's natural & if it makes you feel good; why not?

    X

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think you look gorgeous! You makeup is simple and exactly how it should be, totally natural. We all need that little bit of extra to make us feel like we can take on the world.
    Chic on the Cheap
    $200 Gift Card Giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You look fab with and without make up hun. Naturally beautiful.

    X x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Actually I ddint realize you didnt have makeup on in the first picture. After seeing the 2nd i ofcoarse noticed a difference but still, thats not too shabby:) Youre made up face does look smoother and brighter but whos doesn't? I like that you still look natural with makeup on, its a very warm and pretty look.

    Aesthetic Lounge

    ReplyDelete
  10. You still look good with or without make up - however make up does help uplift the soul.

    ReplyDelete

First 24 Hours in India

  Ten years after qualifying as a yoga teacher I finally realised a dream - to travel to the birthplace of yoga. I have been planning this t...