Saturday 10 March 2012

My Favourite Song Ever


The first time I heard this song was May 1978.
I was 12.
Thirty four years later it still remains my favourite song to this day.
Years after I first heard the song I met my husband to be.
I was 19 and in my first year at university.
He was a big Bruce Springsteen fan and had played Bruce singing it.
I know Bruce wrote it, but it is Patti's song and to me, it always will be.
The best compromise I can come to is the two of them singing it together.
This June we are off to see Bruce (yet again) in Manchester.
I have my fingers crossed that he will play the song.
If you had to choose only one song as your favourite, what would it be?

3 comments:

  1. I love that song! I actually first heard this sung by Natalie merchant, but the patti Smith one is my favourite!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE that song! Easter is one of my favorite albums. Patti Smith is the best.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is a fabulous song, one of my favourites too ( I was 14 when it came out and LOVED it!)
    I was lucky enough to see her sing it at a street festival in Hoboken - I was in the States staying with friends, went along to the festival, didn't even know she was playing, and heard her sing it live! xxx

    ReplyDelete

First 24 Hours in India

  Ten years after qualifying as a yoga teacher I finally realised a dream - to travel to the birthplace of yoga. I have been planning this t...