Tuesday 13 July 2021

A Prayer to St Anthony

 


Do you ever regret sending an item to the charity shop?
Its only happened once but how it hurts.
Why did I get rid of this skirt?
It was my favourite.
I even wrote a whole post about it here.
It had pockets, landed perfectly on my knee and I wore it any time of the year.
It was from Marks & Spencer and despite an ebay search it hasn't turned up.
I bought it in 2009 so the chances of one still being around are remote.
I have read on Instagram recently of praying to the charity shop gods in the hope of finding one.
I know when I lose my keys I always say a prayer to St Anthony, the patron saint of lost things and I am hoping that one day a miracle will happen.

Not everyone liked my skirt though as you can read here in the farewell letter from one of the men I worked with when I was a Writer in Residence at HMP Garth.




Still, my dress sense has never been a popularity contest!




3 comments:

  1. Haha, that letter is pure gold Jane! I think the skirt is great and I too like a good deep pocket. Since learning how to use my mam's sowing machine, I greatly regret giving away ill-fitting clothes, but with fabulous prints and fabrics, as I now know I could have repurposed them! Yesterday I found a bag of summer tops that I had at some point earmarked for the charity shop, and thought, why am I not wearing them!!! Lulu xXx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely letter from that inmate, apart from the skirt comment!
    I'm sure you'll find that skirt eventually, M&S must have made thousands of them. Have you tried setting up a search for it on eBay ? I do that with things I'm hunting for! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes of course that happens from time to time. I have prayed to St Anthony before when I've lost things. It seems to work, so you never know... your skirt may pop up soon! X

    ReplyDelete

First 24 Hours in India

  Ten years after qualifying as a yoga teacher I finally realised a dream - to travel to the birthplace of yoga. I have been planning this t...