Thursday 28 April 2022

Confessions of a Preloved Wardrobe Capsule Challenge

 

Well that was fun!

I have always loved a capsule wardrobe challenge but this one was the most challenging yet.

Last month my blogging buddy Sarah London and I decided to launch a Capsule Wardrobe Challenge using only preloved items.

The 10 items I chose would not have been the clothes I would neceassrily have chosen from my wardobe but what I learned was how much restriction leads not only to creativity, but pushing oneself out of the comfort zone.



My first five outfits were pretty obvious but by the end of the challenge I was running out of options and I had lost the pink top I had included so my capsule ended up with 9 items instead of 10.
But necessity, as they say, is the mother of invention and I was forced into the uncomofortable zone.

I hate my legs. I feel they are short and stocky and would only have dared to wear a mini skirt with thick back tights. But I was bored with thick black tights. 

And now, I had nothing to lose.



Unless my legs are tanned I hate to expose bare legs so these large fishnet tights offered a little coverage.

And once I tried them with the skirt, I quite liked it.

I then tried some bright red tights I had bought but never worn and experimented with wearing the shirt back to front and underneath a top.

I even had a go at showing off my midriff which I had never even considered but by the end of the challenge I had gained a little more confidence.

So what have I learned from this challenge?

Just one lesson - don't knock it until you've tried it!

Why not have a go?

I am off to see how Sarah got on here.

* To see the original items used in the 

challanege, take a look at my last post.




2 comments:

  1. I was wondering how you got on with your challenge! Where on earth did that pink top go? You did brilliantly and you totally should show off your legs! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I’m glad you had a wonderful learning from the challenge. Lovely outfits! You look amazing in the blazer, skirt, and fishnet tights outfit.
    xoxo
    Lovely
    www.mynameislovely.com

    ReplyDelete

First 24 Hours in India

  Ten years after qualifying as a yoga teacher I finally realised a dream - to travel to the birthplace of yoga. I have been planning this t...