Thursday 14 January 2021

In The Pink

 


When I was a child with white blonde hair and a pasty face I often looked washed out.

Except that was when my mum dressed me in pink.

It had nothing to do with gender and everything to do with bringing out the slight colour in my cheeks.

And it still works.

Not only on my face but on my mood.


By coincidence the Times ran a piece in their Wednesday style section about how colour lifts the mood - feelgood fashion they called it.



And how wonderful when your favourite cardi matches your favourite cookbook!


Another bonus was that this cardigan came from the M & S sale - in the kid's section!


When I wear pink I feel in the pink  - which according to my internet trawl of phrases - originated centuries ago and has emerged to mean the picture of health.

Although don't look at the urban dictionary - in the pink means something entirely different!!!!

Today I wore:
Boots, Jumper and cardigan - M & S
Leggings - Dorothy Perkins


7 comments:

  1. Pink is definitely a cheery colour. I am greatly affected by colour and when I get dressed each morning I choose my outfit by what colour I am drawn to rather than its practicality! I don't have much pink but there is a pair of very pink ribbed tights in my drawer!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would love to see those tights. They sound wonderful. X

      Delete
  2. Your photos are wonderful, Jane! Like Betty, I throw open my wardrobe doors every morning, a particular colour will stand out and I just have to wear it regardless of my plans for the day. xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Like minds Vix. I struggle with any forward planning XX

      Delete
  3. What a great cardi from the M&S kids section! I have some pink pants from kids Boden (age 14!) and I love wearing all pink. A friend of an old friend would pick one colour to wear each day, head to toe! She always looked amazingly bright (and still does – search for Fred Butler images). Apparently her student flat wardrobe was super organised and looked like a colour wheel. Lulu xXx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh wow Fred Butler's instagram is very cool. If only my life was as organised as a colour wheel. X

      Delete
  4. That is a really pretty colour of pink, too - almost like strawberry ice cream. It's a great shade on you, Jane!

    Bright colours lift my mood too - I've been trying to wear lots of brights!

    ReplyDelete

First 24 Hours in India

  Ten years after qualifying as a yoga teacher I finally realised a dream - to travel to the birthplace of yoga. I have been planning this t...