Thursday 3 December 2020

A shaggy dog story



Today I made the excuse to my husband that I was doing my bit for local business and booked a blow dry at my local hairdressers.

My hairdresser, Amy,  is the younger sister of my eldest son's friend and owns her own house now - how old do I feel?

I remember seeing her skipping down the school path with her aunty when she was at nursery.

I asked for a shaggy bob.

She looked at me a little strangely.

When I was probably a few years younger than Amy in the 1980s shaggy bobs were in.

It seems they are still in but now they are called beach waves and the curls are created with a straightener!

Anyways, I loved the style and Frankie approved with our matching hairdos.


The morning was spent working on class plans for tonight's zoom Yin Yoga class before travelling 6 miles to the school where I taught yoga to three Year 4 classes.

It is lovely to see that the children are adapting to their new normal and still as excited about Christmas as every year, even though there will be no big nativities for their parents or carol concerts in church.

After a snack at home I prepared my yoga studio/lounge and managed to find a space for the class.


I even remembered to press record this week so my class can try the class again.

Yesterday my daughter came round, (she has a second job with my daughter in law and they dress rooms for parties and events)  so officially she was working in my house decorating the tree in the kitchen. 
She arrived with bags full of decorations.
I would not know where to start dressing a tree as I usually chuck baubles on the tree, ones we have had for years.
And I still need to do to the tree in the lounge.
She did a lovely job and it was so hard to resist giving her a big hug so I gave her some brownies which is like a big chocolate hug instead.



Frankie is settling down and is almost house trained which is making life with a pup fairly easy although he had just discovered how to dig a hole in the garden.

Although is you have any tips to stop him nipping me with his sharp teeth they will be gratefully received.




Today I wore:
Boots - Next
Leggings - Dorothy Perkins
Dress - Anthropologie from eBay
Tank Top - Oasis
Blue Jumper - Cos



4 comments:

  1. Frankie is gorgeous! What a smashing photo of the pair of you! Your dress is lovely and your hair looks fantastic.
    What a wonderful job your daughter made of the tree. My friend Liz is brilliant at stuff like that having been a visual merchandiser for most of her working life. I have trouble arranging a bunch of daffs in a milk jug! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too Vix.
      I followed your friend in Instagram. She is very talented. X

      Delete
  2. How cute is Frankie! Love your matching shaggy hairstyles.

    What a lovely Xmas tree you have. Ours is up and full of decorations collected throughout the years too. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jess.
      Yes I love collecting thigs for the tree. I bought two new baubles yesterday. X

      Delete

First 24 Hours in India

  Ten years after qualifying as a yoga teacher I finally realised a dream - to travel to the birthplace of yoga. I have been planning this t...